Eggcellent Finger Sandwiches
Tartar sauce gives these little egg salad sandwiches a slightly sweet flavor. Cut into bell shapes with olive "clappers," they look festive for Christmas.
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 16 slices swirled rye and pumpernickel bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 16 slices pimiento-stuffed olives, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, bacon and tartar sauce. Cover and
- refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. bell-shaped cookie cutter, cut out two bells from
- each slice of bread. Lightly spread one side of each bell with
- butter. Spread egg mixture over half of buttered bells; top with
- remaining bells, buttered side down.
- If desired, garnish each sandwich with an olive slice, securing with
- a small amount of egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 16 sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts: 2 sandwiches (calculated without pimento-stuffed olives) equals 268 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.