- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Stir in eggs, egg
- whites and cracker meal. Drop by 1/2 cupfuls into a large nonstick
- skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side
- or until browned.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan;
- stir in water until smooth. Add broth, vinegar, soy sauce, browning
- sauce if desired and seasonings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with egg foo yong. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 2 patties with 1/4 cup sauce equals 238 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 939 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.