Effortless Egg Rolls
Egg rolls are so easy with this recipe, you'll wonder why you haven't been making them all along! Look for a good dipping sauce in the Asian aisle at your supermarket. —Angel Randol, Apple Valley, California
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2-1/2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and vegetables over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in teriyaki sauce.
- Place 3 tablespoons of sausage mixture in the center of one egg roll
- wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel
- until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides
- toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water;
- roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls
- in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain
- on paper towels. Yield: 10 egg rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 egg roll equals 244 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 349 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer