Easy Tex-Mex Rice
My daughter shared this satisfying rice recipe with me. It's appealing to the eye as well as the taste buds.Margaret Blair, Lorimor, Iowa
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Transfer to a greased
- microwave-safe 8-in. square dish. Cover and microwave on high for
- 3-4 minutes, rotating once. Stir; microwave 1-3 minutes longer or
- until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave, uncovered,
- for 20-30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 5
- Yield: 4-5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 292 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein.