Easy Stuffed Shells
I put this recipe together one day when we had unexpected guests. It was an immediate hit and is now a family favorite. Get the kids involved when putting together this simple, savory dish. —Dolores Betchner, Cudahy, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 36 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Place 1/2 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Place a meatball in each shell; transfer to prepared dish. Top with
- remaining sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes
- longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 stuffed shells equals 334 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.