Easy Strawberry Napoleon
"This rich pudding-like dessert is one of my family's absolute favorites," declares Karen Sawatsky of Vineland, Ontario. Fresh strawberries make a pretty topping while convenient saltine crackers form a no-fuss crust.
9-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 36 saltines
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place a third of the crackers in an ungreased 8-in. square dish
- (break crackers to completely cover bottom of dish). Top with a
- third of the pudding mixture. Repeat the layers twice.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Top with strawberries
- just before serving. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 166 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.