Easy Southwestern Veggie Wraps
I developed this recipe when corn was in the farmer's market and big, red, juicy tomatoes were in my garden. To make this wrap light and healthy, I use fat-free sour cream, whole grain tortillas and brown rice. Although it's vegetarian by nature, change it up with a large chicken breast, cut into small dice. —Cindy Beberman, Orland Park, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice, cooled
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 romaine leaves
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), at room temperature
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and seasonings. Gently
- stir into tomato mixture.
- Place romaine on tortillas; top with filling. Roll up and secure with
- toothpicks. Cut each in half. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 halves equals 295 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 525 mg sodium,