Easy Sour Cream Raisin Pie
For my family, this pie is as essential for Thanksgiving dinner as turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes! I've been told this recipe's been in the family since the 1860's.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of
- plate. In a small bowl, beat eggs on medium speed for 1 minute. Add
- the sour cream, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, cloves and salt and mix
- well. Stir in raisins. Pour into pastry shell.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling;
- trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and remove foil. Bake 40-45 minutes longer
- or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 447 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium,