Easy Smoked Salmon
"A reader shared this recipe in another Reiman magazine years ago...and it has become my favorite way to prepare salmon," writes Norma Fell from Boyne City, Michigan.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
- Place salmon, skin side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan coated
- with cooking spray. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with Liquid Smoke. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
- Drain and discard liquid. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cool to room
- temperature. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Yield:
- 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 ounces) equals 110 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean meat.