Easy Shrimp Scampi
Laced with a refreshing splash of lemon, this special shrimp entree couldn’t be much easier to assemble. Says Paula Wray of Frederick, Maryland, “I have a tendency to overcook shrimp, but using the cooked variety fixed that!”
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 cooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- nonstick skillet, cook garlic in butter and oil until golden. Stir
- in the lemon juice, Italian seasoning and shrimp; heat through.
- Drain linguine; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 464 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 193 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.