Easy Shrimp Jambalaya
This Southern dish is my family's favorite. They love the hearty combination of sausage, shrimp and rice. I appreciate the fact that it cooks in one pot for a marvelous meal.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound bulk hot or mild Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound fresh medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until browned; drain. Stir in onion
- and green pepper until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1
- minute longer. Add the tomatoes, broth, ham, rice, bay leaf and
- thyme; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn
- pink. Remove bay leaf. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 1,125 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.