Easy Sesame Green Beans
“My love for Chinese cooking sparked this easy, healthy side dish. I use just-picked beans from our garden. It’s great with grilled chicken or pork.” —Debra Broeker, Rocky Mount, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cover and cook for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain
- and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute beans and onion in oil until onion is
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soy sauce and
- pepper. Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 98 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.