Easy Salsa Sloppy Joes
I created these sandwiches when I realized I did not have a can of sloppy joe sauce. The sweet brown sugar in this recipe complements the tangy salsa. —Mrs. Krista E Collins, Concord, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in salsa, soup and brown sugar. Cover and simmer 10
- minutes or until heated through.
- Serve immediately on buns, or cool before placing in a freezer
- container. Cover and freeze up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sloppy joes: Thaw beef mixture in the refrigerator;
- place in a saucepan and heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 271 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat.