Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
“I didn’t like hummus until I discovered this recipe," writes Heidi Pronk of Hudsonville, Michigan. "The fresh lemon and garlic create a wonderful burst of flavor.”
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Pita breads, warmed and cut into wedges
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and
- process until blended. Add beans and red peppers; cover and process
- until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl; stir in sesame seeds. Serve with pita
- wedges. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without pita wedges) equals 107 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,