Easy Rice Pilaf
Onion soup mix and frozen peas really "rev up" your rice in this recipe. This side dish is a nice alternative to potatoes and complements turkey or any main course.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 to 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2/3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, brown rice in oil, stirring constantly. Blend in
- soup mix and pepper. Stir in water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender. Stir in
- peas. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 241 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 506 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.