Easy Rhubarb Relish
I remember eating this relish at my grandmother's over 50 years ago. My mother made it for years and now my daughters make it. It complements any meat, but I find it a "must" with meat loaf.
64 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours + chilling
- 12 cups finely chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat and simmer for about 2 hours or until mixture thickens,
- stirring occasionally. Pour into jars. Refrigerate or freeze in
- covered containers. Yield: 4 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (prepared with 1/4 teaspoon salt) equals 13 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.