Easy Rhubarb Muffins
Since I collect muffin recipes as well as rhubarb recipes, this one was a real find! These muffins are good either for breakfast with butter or as a dessert topped with whipped cream.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a bowl, combine first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in flour,
- salt, rhubarb, baking soda, baking powder and nuts. Pour into
- greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Mix topping ingredients;
- sprinkle over muffins and press lightly into batter. Bake at
- 375° for 15-18 minutes. Yield: 15 muffins.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium,