Easy Raspberry Sauce
Spoon this smooth sauce from our Test Kitchen over waffles or pancakes for a fabulous breakfast. Or try over ice cream or pound cake for a delightful dessert.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1-3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine the raspberries, 1-3/4 cups water and sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Mash raspberry mixture and strain through a fine sieve into a 2-cup
- measuring cup; discard seeds. Add water if needed to make 2 cups
- puree. Return to the saucepan.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir
- into raspberry mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat;
- cool. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 27 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.