Easy Potato Casserole
This casserole goes over well whenever I take it to a gathering. Even though I have to double the recipe, it's still an inexpensive side dish for our large family of 10.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes until smooth. Add butter, salt, pepper
- and enough milk to make a soft mashed potato consistency. Stir in
- 2/3 cup cheese, ham, onion and green pepper. Transfer to a greased
- 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25
- minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.