Easy Pork 'n' Beans
Friends prepared the food, including these simple yet delicious baked beans, when our daughter, Briana, married Jerad Van Der Zwaag. Chili powder enhances canned beans for a rich crowd-pleasing dish.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cans (55 ounces each) pork and beans
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 5 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil over
- medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until
- heated through. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 150 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.