Easy Pickled Beets
"Here's an easy way to spice up canned beets," says Cordie Cash of Silsbee, Texas. "This is a perfect dish for large gatherings."
18-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 tablespoon mixed pickling spices
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) sliced beets
- Place pickling spices in a cheesecloth bag. In a large saucepan,
- combine vinegar, sugar, cinnamon, salt and the spice bag; bring to a
- boil. Drain the beets, reserving 3/4 cup juice. Stir beets, and
- reserved juice into a saucepan. Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. glass
- container. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove spice bag before
- serving. Yield: 18-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 85 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 162 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.