Easy Oven Stew
Rita also shares this make-ahead dish.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, trimmed and cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium unpeeled potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chunky stewed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a Dutch oven, brown steak in oil. Add the next eight ingredients.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°, stirring twice.
- Stir in peas; cover and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 263 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 meat.