Just three ingredients are needed for this speedy appetizer from Christine Smoot of Childress, Texas. “These meatballs are so different from all the others…you will never carry any leftovers home,” she assures. “I catered my daughter’s wedding and served them as appetizers.” TIP: “You can also serve over rice for a main dish,” Christine suggests.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 1/2 cup sweet-and-sour sauce
- Place the meatballs in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; cover and
- microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. In a
- small microwave-safe bowl, combine the sauces; cover and heat on
- high for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour over meatballs; cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 meatball equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.