Easy Marinated Sirloin Steak
The recipe for the marinade comes from my brother, and we rarely grill without it. It's also great on chicken and pork. —Terrie Sowders, Carthage, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh oregano, rosemary and thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the apple juice, soy
- sauce, oil and seasonings. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- for 8-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). To serve, thinly slice against the
- grain. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 5 ounces cooked steak equals 277 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 997 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet