Easy Marinated Flank Steak
I copied this recipe from a friend's collection 15 years ago. Since then I've gotten married and had two children. Now whenever we make steak on the grill, this is the recipe we usually use. It's also a tempting dish to serve when entertaining. It's earned me my compliments.
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (about 2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at
- least 4 hours.
- Drain meat and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat
- until meat reaches desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for
- medium, 8 minutes per side for medium-well.
- Slice into thin strips across the grain to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 3 lean meat; also, 172 calories, 115 mg sodium, 43 mg cholesterol, 2 gm carbohydrate, 23 gm protein, 7 gm fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.