Easy Maple Salad Dressing
Once sap is made into syrup, it can be used in a variety of recipes, including this super salad topper. I hope you enjoy it's light yet sweet flavor.Laurie Couture, St Albans, Vermont
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well.
- Serve over salad greens. Yield: about 1 cup.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 137 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.