Easy Mango Salsa
Kristine Sims of St. Joseph, Michigan puts a tantalizing twist on salsa. Tangy fruit, savory onion and peppy hot sauce work in perfect harmony to create a fun appetizer that’s good for you, too!
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, mango, pineapple, onions,
- cilantro and pepper sauce if desired. Chill until serving. Serve
- with tortilla chips. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without chips) equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.