Easy Low-Fat Ranch Dressing
Once I sampled this homemade ranch dressing, I quit buying the bottled variety. It can be easily doubled when you are serving a larger group.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in
- buttermilk. Cover and chill for at least 8 hours before serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 2-tablespoon serving (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and without salt) equals a free food; also, 25 calories, 189 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 5 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, trace fat.