Easy Lemon Ice
Kathleen takes advantage of convenient pantry items to dress up Lemon Ice. "I concocted this refreshing dessert when I wanted to turn plain lemon ice into something more satisfying.
"The raspberry preserves and chocolate syrup reduce the prep time to almost nothing," Kathleen notes. "A sprinkling of slivered almonds makes it even better," she assures.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pint lemon ice or sherbet
- Chocolate syrup
- In a small bowl, combine preserves and orange juice. Spoon into four
- dessert dishes. Top each with a scoop of lemon ice. Drizzle with
- chocolate syrup. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 156 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.