Easy Lemon Drop Cookies
No one would suspect that these adorable, glazed cookies are low in fat. Jalayne Luckett bakes up the cute citrus bites in her Marion, Illinois kitchen.
42 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Beat in the sugar, lemon
- peel and extract. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to
- sugar mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets coated with
- cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Cool completely on baking sheets before removing to wire
- For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough
- lemon juice to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over cookies.
- Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 54 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium,