Easy Lemon Cheese Bars
These tart crunchy lemon bars are a hit at family picnics, church suppers and in field lunches. They're easy to bake and carry.
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 egg and oil; stir until crumbly.
- Set aside 1 cup for topping. Press remaining mixture into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. In another bowl, beat cream cheese,
- sugar, lemon juice and remaining egg until fluffy. Spread over cake.
- Sprinkle with reserved cake mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool on
- a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 84 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.