Easy Ice Cream Sundae Dessert
We kids couldn't wait to dig into this tempting ice cream dessert. It's cool and smooth with a ribbon of fudge inside. Whenever I make it for my family, I think if Mom.
-Anne Heinonen, Howell, Michigan
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing Cook: 25 min.
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream or flavor of your choice, softened
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with milk and
- salt; cook and stir until thickened, about 25 minutes. Remove from
- the heat; set aside. Combine wafer crumbs and butter; set aside 1
- cup. Press remaining crumbs into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Chill
- for 10-15 minutes. Pour chocolate over crumbs. Cover and freeze for
- 10-15 minutes or until firm. Spread the ice cream over chocolate.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Freeze at least 2 hours before
- serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 406 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.