Easy Ham Hash
As the oldest of six children, I learned to cook early in life. Now my files are bulging with a variety of recipes. This delicious casserole remains an old standby.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound finely ground fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine ham and onion. Shred potatoes and add to ham
- mixture. Stir in the butter, Parmesan cheese, mustard,
- Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and pepper.
- Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, pressing down
- firmly. Combine cheeses; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 426 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,260 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.