Easy Halloween Sloppy Joes
My grandma served these sandwiches every time I visited, and when I had children of my own, I made these sandwiches. My grandchildren enjoy it now, too. It's an inexpensive recipe to make, so it's great for a party. —Patricia Pidgeon, Sycamore, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, relish and brown
- sugar. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon over hamburger bun halves. Cut each slice of cheese diagonally.
- Cut one piece diagonally again. Use two smaller triangles as eyes
- and large triangle as mouth. Put 1 slice pickle on each eye. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 433 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 1,247 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.