Capture the classic taste of espresso without the hassle of expensive brewing equipment! For best flavor, serve espresso immediately. Pour leftover espresso in ice cube trays and freeze to use later in cold drinks.:Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup ground coffee (French or other dark roast)
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Lemon twists, optional
- Place ground coffee in the filter of a drip coffeemaker. Add water;
- brew according to manufacturer's instructions. Serve immediately in
- espresso cups with lemon twists if desired.
- Easy Espresso may be used to prepare the following recipes: Easy
- Breve, Easy Cappuccino, Easy Latte and Pumpkin Pie Latte. Yield: 4
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Starbucks French Roast ground coffee.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup espresso equals 7 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.