Easy Elephant Ears
You’ll love the classic cinnamon-sugar flavor of these crispy bite-size treats. Even more, you’ll love that they call for just three ingredients and are so simple to assemble. —Bob Rose, Waukesha, Wisconsin
32 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one sheet of puff pastry into an
- 11-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half
- of mixture over pastry.
- Working from the short sides, roll up dough jelly-roll style toward
- the center. With a sharp knife, cut roll into 1/2-in. slices. Place
- on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pastry
- and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 elephant ear equals 87 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.