Easy Curried Shrimp
I like to serve this dish with grapes or green veggies for added color. It's also nice with dried coconut or pineapple instead of apricots. —Dona Stone, Clearwater, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the curry, cumin, salt, garlic
- powder, coriander and cinnamon; cook over medium heat until lightly
- browned. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in apricots; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup shrimp with 1/2 cup rice equals 309 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch,