Easy Cranberry Nut Dessert
When time's short, Peggy Van Arsdale recommends this pie that doesn't need a crust. "It's unbelievably easy," says the Trenton, New Jersey field editor.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add cranberries and
- nuts; toss to coat. Stir in the butter, eggs and extract (mixture
- will be very thick if using frozen berries). Spread into a greased
- 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice
- cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 333 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.