Easy Cranberry Chicken
You don't have to wait until the fall to enjoy delicious cranberry flavor. By using a canned sauce, you can get the flavor no matter what time of year.Kay Simpson, Hull, Quebec
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup bottled KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; brown in a skillet in butter.
- Remove the chicken to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In the
- drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Add cranberry sauce
- and barbecue sauce; mix well. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting every 15 minutes. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 425 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.