Easy Crab Cakes
Canned crabmeat makes these delicate patties simple enough for busy weeknight dinners. For variety, try forming the crab mixture into four thick patties, instead of eight cakes. —Charlene Spelock, Apollo, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, 1/3 cup bread crumbs, egg, onions,
- red pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Roll in
- remaining bread crumbs. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook crab cakes in butter for 3-4
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 crab cakes equals 295 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 142 mg cholesterol, 879 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch,