Easy Coconut Pie
This pie is an old-fashioned dessert. I sometimes top warm slices with a sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg. Best of all, it's easy to assemble when dinner-time is fast approaching.Virgina M Krites, Cridersville, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut
- In a blender, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process
- for 10 seconds; scrape the sides. Process for another 10 seconds.
- Add coconut; process for 2 seconds or until blended. Pour into a
- greased 10-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 446 calories, 23 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.