Easy Chiffon Pie
"This recipe was given to me by a friend many years ago while we were attending a weight-loss class," writes Gale Spross from Wills Point, Texas. "I always feel guilt-free when I eat this tight and fluffy strawberry pie...and my family loves it."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounces) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cps cold water
- 1 cup frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold
- water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Fold in the whipped
- topping and 2 cups of strawberries. Pour into the crust. Refrigerate
- for 3 hours or until set. Garnish with the remaining strawberries.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One piece equals 138 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.