Easy Chicken and Noodles
In Lancaster, Ohio, Shirley Heston can prepare this stovetop supper in mere minutes. Canned soup makes the sauce a snap to throw together while the noodles boil. It's comforting and inexpensive, too, at $1.22 per serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked wide egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, milk, Parmesan cheese and
- pepper. Stir in the noodles and chicken; heat through. Yield: 4
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 368 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.