Easy Cheesy Nachos
There's no need to brown ground beef when fixing this satisfying snack. Laura Jirasek of White Lake, Michigan tops crunchy chips with warm canned chili and melted cheese, then sprinkles it all with chopped tomato and onion for fresh flavor and color.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) tortilla chips
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Divide chips among six plates; set aside. In a saucepan, warm chili
- until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, heat cheese over medium-low heat
- until melted, stirring frequently. Spoon chili over chips; drizzle
- with cheese. Sprinkle with onions and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 653 calories, 35 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,460 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.