Easy Cheese Danish
These cream cheese pastries are baked to flaky perfection and made to shine with a simple egg wash gloss. They taste just as decadent as any breakfast sensation you’d find in a bakery or coffee shop.Carole Sepstead, Grafton, Wisconsin
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add the
- egg yolks, lemon peel, vanilla and salt; beat on low speed until
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each sheet of puff pastry into
- a 12-in. square. Cut each into nine squares. Spoon 2-1/2 teaspoons
- of cheese mixture into the center of each square.
- Whisk egg and water; lightly brush over edges. Bring two opposite
- corners of pastry over filling; pinch to seal. Place on a greased
- baking sheet; brush with remaining egg mixture. Bake at 400° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 danish equals 202 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium,