Traditionally, a cappuccino is one part espresso mixed with one part steamed milk, then topped with one part foamed milk. This recipe lets you duplicate your favorite coffeehouse beverage, minus the specialized equipment.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- Place milk in a 1-cup microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 1 minute or until milk is hot and small
- bubbles form around edge of cup.
- Place a metal whisk in cup; whisk vigorously by holding whisk handle
- loosely between palms and quickly rubbing hands back and forth.
- Remove foam to a small measuring cup as it forms. Continue whisking
- until foam measures 1/3 cup; set aside.
- Pour Easy Espresso into a mug; pour in remaining hot milk. Spoon foam
- over top and serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Editor's Note: You may also use a portable mixer with whisk attachment to froth the milk. This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 76 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein.