Easy Boston Cream Cake
Why make a Boston cream pie from scratch when this cake version is so simple? Preparing the pudding with half-and-half cream instead of milk gives this dessert an added richness that's hard to beat.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cold half-and-half cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 to 5 teaspoons hot water
- In a large bowl, whisk together cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut cake into three horizontal layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; top with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Top with
- third cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and enough
- water to reach desired spreading consistency. Spread over top of
- cake, letting glaze drizzle down sides. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 395 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.