Easy Apricot Jam
Here’s the perfect topping for English muffins or toast. It’s so simple to make my homemade jam, you’ll want to share it with all your friends.Geri Davis, Prescott, Arizona
32 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 16 ounces dried apricots
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large kettle, combine the apricots, orange juice and sugar;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir
- in the lemon juice, cinnamon and ginger. Remove from the heat and
- cool to room temperature.
- Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Spoon into jars or
- freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Refrigerate for up to
- 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 61 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.