Easy 3-Ingredient Shortbread Cookies
These buttery cookies get instant holiday flair thanks to delicate snowflake designs on top. To create them, see the Editor's Note at the end of the recipe. —Pattie Prescott, Manchester, New Hampshire
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in flour. Press dough into a greased 9-in. square
- baking pan.
- Bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool
- completely. Cut into nine squares; dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 9 cookies.
Editor’s Note:We used craft store paper stencils for our snowflakes. To make the white cookie, just tap confectioners' sugar over the stencil through a fine-mesh sieve. To make blue snowflake, dip a small artist's brush in Luster Dust and paint in the stencil opening with a stippling motion.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 323 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.