Easy & Elegant Tenderloin Roast
I love the simplicity of the recipe. Olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Just add the tenderloin and pop it in the oven. In an hour or so you’ve got an impressive main dish to feed a crowd. This leaves you with more time to visit with family and less time fussing in the kitchen. —Mary Kandell, Huron, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (5 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, mix
- the oil, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over roast.
- Roast at 425° for 50-70 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove from oven; tent with
- foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.